As seen on Woman’s World –
MaryAnne DellaFera’s antioxidant UGA cocktail “diet pill”:
resveratrol, isoflavones and quercetin
Scroll down to read the full article: South Beach Diet Recipes ↓
South Beach Diet Recipes: Phase 1
- Oven-Roasted Vegetables
1 med zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
1 med summer squash, cut into bite-size pieces
1 med red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
1 med yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into bite-size pieces
1 red onion, chopped
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place the zucchini, squash, bell peppers, asparagus, and onion in a large roasting pan, and toss with the oil, salt, and black pepper. Spread in a single layer.
2. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
Makes 4 Servings
Per Serving: 170 cal, 5 g pro, 15 g carb, 11 g fat, 2 g sat. fat, 0 mg chol, 5 g fiber, 586 mg sodium
- 2. Lemon Peel Ricotta Crème
½ c part-skim ricotta cheese
¼ tsp grated lemon peel¼ tsp vanilla extract
1 pkg sugar substitute
Mix together the ricotta, lemon peel, vanilla extract, and sugar substitute. Serve chilled.
Makes 1 Serving
Per Serving: 178 cal, 14 g pro, 7 g carb, 10 g fat, 6 g sat. fat, 38 mg chol, 0 g fiber, 155 mg sodium
South Beach Diet Recipes: Phase 2
- 1. Lemon Couscous Chicken
1¼ c water
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 c broccoli florets
1 pkg Near East Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Couscous mix1½ c chopped cooked chicken
Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 Tbsp)
¼ tsp lemon peel
1. In a large skillet, bring the water, oil, broccoli, and contents of the spice sack from the couscous mix to a boil. Stir in the couscous, chicken, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
2. Remove from the heat. Cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff lightly with a fork. Chill well, and serve cold.
Makes 4 Servings
Per Serving: 311 cal, 24 g pro, 39 g carb, 7 g fat, 1 g sat. fat, 45 mg chol, 3 g fiber, 476 mg sodium
- 2. Meat Loaf
1 can (6 oz) no-salt-added tomato paste
½ c dry red wine
½ c water
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp dried basil leaves
¼ tsp dried oregano¼ tsp salt
1 lb ground turkey breast
1 c oatmeal
¼ c liquid egg substitute
½ c shredded zucchini
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the tomato paste, wine, water, garlic, basil, oregano, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. Combine the turkey, oatmeal, egg substitute, zucchini, and ½ cup of the tomato mixture in a large bowl. Mix well. Shape into a loaf, and place in an ungreased 8″ x 4″ loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Dicard any drippings. Pour ½ cup of the remaining tomato mixture over the top of the loaf. Bake for 15 minutes longer. Remove to a serving platter. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve the remaining tomato sauce on the side.
Makes 8 Servings
Per Serving: 188 cal, 12 g pro, 12 g carb, 10 g fat, 3 g sat. fat, 39 mg chol, 2 g fiber, 244 mg sodium
South Beach Diet Recipes – Phase 3
- 1. Roast Beef Wrap
1¼ c reduced-fat cream cheese
4 flour tortillas (9″-10″)
½ red onion, sliced
4 spinach leaves
8 oz roast beef, sliced
For each wrap, spread a small amount of the cream cheese over the surface of a tortilla. Layer the onion, spinach, and roast beef on top. Roll, and fold.
Makes 4 Servings
Per Serving: 300 cal, 13 g pro, 42 g carb, 9 g fat, 3 g sat. fat, 21 mg chol, 3 g fiber, 659 mg sodium
- 2. Chocolate Dipped Apricots
2 oz bittersweet chocolate
24 dried apricots
1 Tbsp chopped pistachios
Microwave the chocolate on high for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through until completely melted. Dip the apricots halfway into the chocolate. Let the excess drip off. Place the apricots onto wax paper. Sprinkle the pistachios over the chocolate-covered portions, and place them in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.
Makes 8 Servings
Per Serving: 99 cal, 1 g pro, 17 g carb, 3 g fat, 2 g sat. fat, 0 mg chol, 2 g fiber, 1 mg sodium
South Beach Diet Supercharged video with Dr. A. Agatston – To help the people lose weight faster
- Lose weight for free with walking exercise. The Woman’s World Magazine, April 7, 2008 issue had featured: Walk off 20 lbs in 30 days! and with free diet meal plans for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks…
Read here: Free Diet Meal Plan, Lose Weight for Free – 20 lbs in 30 Days!
- This Flat Belly Diet Meal Plan: 25 quick meals made from healthy, delicious packaged foods that follow the rules of the Prevention’s bestselling Flat Belly Diet is developed by Cynthia Sass, MPH, RD, coauthor and creator of Flat Belly Diet. These meal plans makes it easier to lose weight without feeling hungry.
Read here: Free Diet Meal Plan: 25 Flat Belly Diet Meals
- Here’s a menu from GoodHouseKeeping.com for the first week of their Lose 20 Pounds Fast Diet. For the rest of the program, consume 1,200 calories a day plus calorie-free beverages as desired and take a multivitamin and a 400-milligram calcium supplement daily.
Read here: Free Diet Meal Plan: 7-day Meal Plan to Lose 2O Pounds Fast!
South Beach Diet Recipes Helpful Sites:
- South Beach Diet: South Beach Recipes & more from Prevention.com
South Beach Diet recipes, South Beach Diet foods, success stories, South Beach Diet basics, and more from weight loss and diet experts at Prevention
- South Beach Diet® Phase 1 Recipes – South Beach Diet®
Phase 1 recipes from South Beach Diet®. … Eat Great, Lose Weight! The South Beach Diet® is a delicious, clinically proven plan that fits easily into your lifestyle.
- South Beach Diet Recipes – Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner – Snacks …
Check out these tasty recipes for dishes on The South Beach Diet.
Helpful Online Searches: South Beach Diet
south beach diet recipes phase 1 | south beach diet recipes phase 2 | south beach diet recipes breakfast | south beach diet recipe book | south beach diet recipes desserts | south beach diet recipes kraft | south beach diet recipes phase 3 | south beach diet recipes chili | south beach diet menu | south beach diet recipes