How To Effectively Reduce Belly Fat
Author: Rebecca Welch
Jelly Belly. Love Handles. Dunlap Disease. Whatever you want to call it, the excess fat around your midsection that wiggles and jiggles in all the wrong places just isn’t pretty. Not only is belly fat unattractive, it can be downright dangerous to your health. Extra fat carried around your abdomen can increase your risk of heart disease. With so many pills, potions and programs flooding the weight loss industry today, many people are left feeling just plain confused about how to effectively reduce belly fat.
The first thing you must know about how to effectively reduce belly fat is that there is no magic bullet when it comes to weight loss. Reducing body fat levels requires a three pronged approach that doesn’t come from popping diet pills or gulping down foul tasting drinks. Belly fat also won’t come off by trying to spot reduce only doing sit-ups or crunches. It’s just not possible to spot reduce, so don’t waste your time.
So, the question remains, how do you effectively reduce belly fat? Here is a safe, practical three pronged approach to get rid of belly fat.
1. Healthy Meals. Notice the word diet isn’t part of the equation. That’s because the word diet conjures up visions of carrots and celery and not much else. The word diet gives us nightmares of deprivation and hunger, and that’s not the image we’re looking for with permanent weight loss. Just because the word diet isn’t used does not mean you’re free to gorge on junk food at will. Healthy meals consist of lean protein, lots of vegetables, whole grains and some fruit. Your should consistantly choose foods that are as close as possible to their natural state.
2. Cardiovascular Exercise. Regular cardiovascular exercise will reduce body fat levels. Where should you start? Wallking is great cardio! Put your shoes on and get moving for at least 30 minutes per day. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far you walk in the beginning, the most important point is that you’re moving your body aerobically on a regular basis. If you don’t enjoy walking then ride a bike, rollerskate, jog, run. Participate in whatever aerobic activity you enjoy.
3. Lift Weights. Yes, you did read that correctly! If you’re wondering what lifting weights has to do with effectively reducing belly fat, then read on. Regular weight lifting has several beneficial effects for those folks trying to reduce their body fat levels. Muscles burn extra calories. The more muscle you carry on your frame, the more calories you burn in a 24 hour period which translates into extra fat burning power. Muscles take up about one third less space than fat. Muscles give you the power to carry on your daily activities more effectively and with energy to spare.
Learning how to effectively reduce belly fat isn’t a difficult task. The three principle keys to getting rid of your gut rely on diet, cardiovascular exercise and weight lifting on a regular basis. Remember, you didn’t sprout belly fat overnight and you can’t get rid of belly fat in a day, but you can reduce belly fat if you’re willing to put forth a bit of effort.
About the Author:
Get your risk free trial of the best plan to effectively reduce belly fat. reshape your body regardless of age, gender, or metabolic type. See more tips about how to get fit and how to stay fit.
More Related Articles: Lose Belly Fat, Flat Belly Tips
- The Top 7 Foods To Lose Belly Fat Lightning Fast
- How to Lose Belly Fat Secret – Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
- Foods That Help You Lose Belly Fat
- Fat Loss 4 Idiots – How to Lose Belly Fat
- Fast Ways to Lose Belly Fat
- How To Lose Belly Fat With A 10 Minute Workout
- Lose Belly Fat: 4 Ways to Flatten Your Belly
- Goodbye Belly Fat – Flat Belly in as little as 14 days!
More Online Information on Reduce Belly Fat
- How to Reduce a Fat Belly or Stomach
How Do You Reduce A Fat Belly? Is a Fat Stomach Unhealthy?Yes. For people with a BMI of 34 or less, a fat belly is regarded as an additional health risk. Fatty tissue which is stored around the stomach and abdomen (sometimes called intra-abdominal, or visceral fat) carries a greater health risk than fat located in the lower body around the butt and thighs.
- Hormone Therapy Plus Physical Activity Reduce Belly Fat, Body Fat Percentage After MenopauseOlder women who take hormone therapy to relieve menopausal symptoms may get the added benefit of reduced body fat if they are physically active… Excess belly fat is a risk factor for diabetes and heart disease. Postmenopausal women who exercise have a lower percentage of body fat than sedentary women. . . Some data suggest that estrogen treatment may add to the effect of exercise in reducing fat.
- 8 Ways to Reduce Belly Fat
He was disappointed when I told him that ab exercises, while important for a strong core, are probably the least effective exercises you can do to get a six pack. He was even more disappointed when I went through some of the best ways to reduce belly fat, mostly because they all involve hard work.
Suggested Searches to: Reduce Belly Fat
reduce belly fat exercises | reduce belly fat in women | reduce belly fat in men | reduce belly fat diet | reduce belly fat naturally | reduce belly fat fast | reduce belly fat pills | reduce belly fat foods | reduce belly fat after pregnancy | reduce belly fat