Men’s Prostate Health Articles
- What is the Prostate Gland?
- Prostate Gland Enlargement – Symptoms
- Prostate Problems
- Prostate Gland Enlargement and Prostatitis: Alternative Cures
- Homeopathic Remedies for Prostate Enlargement
- Prostate Supplements Testimonials – NativeRemedies’ Prostate Relief, Prostate Dr, BladderWell
- Treatment for Enlarged Prostate & Prostatitis: Diet, Herbs, Supplements
- Treatment for Enlarged Prostate: Drugs, Medications and Surgery
- Herbal Medicine for Prostate – A Better Alternative Prostate Treatment
- How to Treat Acute Prostatitis
Scroll down to read the article:
Herbal Medicine for Prostate – A Better Alternative Treatment ↓
After the age of 30, men’s prostate cells in start multiplying which results in the gradual growth of the prostate gland in men. The reason behind the rapid multiplication of the cells is the conversion of one hormone into another more powerful hormone as age advances.
An improper and ‘bad for prostate’ diet causes the deficiency of certain elements and the consequences of the deficiency are unrestricted growth of the gland. For example, zinc can help in curbing the conversion of the hormones, thereby controlling the multiplication of the prostate cells. If your diet does not contain food that can supplement zinc in the body, your prostate may start giving you trouble sooner rather than later.
The industrial age has brought about a paradigm shift in man’s diet. From a natural plant-based diet supplemented with meat products, man has shifted to oily and fried foods that contain complex carbohydrates. In fact, the major cause of most of human ailments is diet – a diet that is either insufficient or one that has an excess of harmful substances like additives and preservatives.
Along with a prostate-friendly diet, herbs for limiting prostate enlargement have always been an important part of controlling and treating prostate conditions.
- Saw palmetto is one of the herbs that have been added to the US pharmacopeia as an effective remedy for numerous diseases including BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia), a non-malignant enlargement of the prostate gland. The herb is derived from the berries of the dwarfish plant originated in America. Studies have revealed that men who take saw palmetto show a marked improvement in the symptoms caused by an enlarged prostate gland. Saw palmetto berries were once a staple diet of natives of America. Now saw palmetto is available in the form of teas, dried berries, capsules, tinctures and sterol extracts.
- Tea made from pygeum, an evergreen African plant commonly known as African prune, has been in use for ages to manage urinary symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland, like a slow stream, pain on urination and dribbling. The bark of the pygeum plant has been studied by scientists and has been found to be rich in beta-sito-sterol, a 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor. Studies conducted in Germany and France purport an improvement in prostate-related symptoms ranging from 38 to 66%.
- Another herb from Africa comes from the African star grass (Hypoxis rooperi) which contains the same enzyme inhibitor as that of pygeum.
- Nettle root (Urtica dioica) is a European herb that contains sterols that offer relief from urinary problems.
- One of the surprising remedies that may form a part of herbal or diet solutions for enlarged prostate glands is pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc, an element essential for blocking conversion of prostate related hormones.
An enlarged prostate brings along with it symptoms that can be extremely uncomfortable in men. They can create multiple urinary problems that may become difficult to cope with as age advances. The prostate is one of the important organs and men should not ignore any prostate-related problems. Any negligence in taking care of your prostate may result in a life long treatment, forcing you to take prostate medicine all your life.
NOTE: The suggestions offered in this page are not intended to replace appropriate medical treatment. The supplements and medications recommended should be approved and monitored by your medical doctor or trained health care professional.
More Prostate Medicine Information
- Botox As A Form Of Enlarged Prostate Medicine?
Recently however a team of researchers from the United States and Taiwan have been studying the use of Botox as a solution for the problem of an enlarged prostate gland and have had some surprising results. The researchers studied a small test group of forty-one men with enlarged prostates. The men were between the ages of forty-nine and seventy-nine and all received Botox injected directly into the prostate gland.
- Prostate gland enlargement: Alternative medicine – MayoClinic.com
Herbal treatments for BPH are available at pharmacies, at grocery stores, over the Internet and in magazines. Common herbal treatments that show some evidence of helping reduce enlarged prostate symptoms
- Treatment Information for Enlarged Prostate
Get the medical information you need on the various treatment methods for an enlarged prostate.