It took years to get the folds in your face, and it will take time and persistence to unfold.
Scroll down to read the full article ↓
You can start smoothing the wrinkles by relaxing more, by staying out of the sun, by not smoking (smokers have far more wrinkles than non-smokers) and by trying one of the following natural wrinkle remedies from Joan and Lydia Wilen authors of Healing Remedies (Bottom Line’s):
Natural Wrinkle Treatment: Olive Oil
Before bedtime, take extra-virgin, cold-pressed olive oil and massage the lined areas of your neck and face. Start in the center of your neck and, using an upward and outward motion, get the oil into those dry areas. Work your way up to and include your forehead. Let the oil stay overnight.
In the morning, wash with tepid, then cool, water. You may want to add a few drops of your favorite herbal essence to the olive oil, then pretend it costs $60 a bottle.
Natural Wrinkle Treatment – Brewer’s Yeast
This is an internal approach to wrinkles. No, it doesn’t mean you’ll have unlined insides, it means that the nutritional value of brewer’s yeast may make a difference in overcoming the external signs of time.
Start with 1 teaspoon a day of brewer’s yeast in a pure fruit juice, and gradually work your way up to 2 tablespoons – 1 teaspoon at a time.
Some people get a gassy feeling from brewer’s yeast. We were told that that means the body really needs it, and the feelings will eventually go away when the body requirements for the nutrients are met. Huh? We’re not sure what it all means, but we do know that brewer’s yeast contains lots of health-giving properties, and it may help dewrinkle the face. Seem to us it’s worth trying.
Most Popular Natural Wrinkle Treatment
The most popular wrinkle eraser we found requires 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. Mix them together vigorously. Dip your fingertips in the mixture and, with a gentle massaging action, apply it to the wrinkles, folds, lines, creases, crinkles – whatever.
Leave it on for at least half an hour – the longer the better. You’ll feel it tighten on your face as it becomes a mask. When you’re ready, splash it off with tepid water. By making this a daily ritual, you may become wrinkle-free.
For those of you who haven’t had eye tucks, the nightly application of castor oil on the delicate area around the eyes may prevent the need for cosmetic surgery.
- To reduce the tendency to wrinkle, mash a ripe banana and add a few drops of peanut oil. Apply it to your face and neck (remember, upward and outward), and leave it on for at least a half-hour. Wash it off with tepid water. If your do this daily – or even every other day – it should make your skin softer and less likely to get lined.
- If you eat oatmeal for breakfast, separate some of the cooked oatmeal. Add a bit of vegetable oil – enough to make it spreadable – and massage it into your face and neck. Leave this on for a half-hour, then wash it off with tepid water. If you want to be wrinkle-proof, you must repeat the procedure on a regular, daily basis.
- Apply a facial made with equal parts of brewer’s yeast and yogurt. When it dries on the skin, gently wash it off with warm water and pat dry. Give yourself a facial twice a week to help prevent wrinkles.
- Buttermilk is a good wrinkle-preventing facial. Keep it on for about 20 minutes, then splash it off with warm water and pat dry.
Secret Formula – Natural Wrinkle Treatment
This is supposedly the secret formula of a renowned French beauty – combine together and boil 1 cup of milk, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of brandy. While the mixture is warm, paint it on the face and neck with a pastry brush. When it is thoroughly dry, wash it off with warm water and pat dry.
The best way to prevent wrinkled skin is to avoid excessive sun exposure.
Lip Line Wrinkle Prevention
They way to prevent those little crinkly lines around the mouth is by exercising the jaw muscle. Luckily, the jaw muscle can work the longest of all the body’s muscles without getting tired. So whistle, sing and talk.
Tongue twisters are like aerobics for the mouth, especially ones with “m,” “b,” and “p” sounds. Here are a couple to start with…
- Pitter-patter, pitter-patter, rather than patter-pitter, patter-pitter.
- Mother made neither brother mutter to father.
Source: Joan Wilen and Lydia Wilen, Healing Remedies (Bottom Line’s), pp. 161-163