NOTE: The suggestions found in this page: Natural Home Remedies for Yeast Infections are not intended to replace appropriate medical treatment. The tips, supplements, diets, and medications recommended should be approved and monitored by your medical doctor or trained health care professional. . . Natural cures and remedies may cause complications.
Natural Home Remedies for Yeast Infections – With Herbs
- Aloe Vera is helpful for infections and is known for its healing effects. Aloe vera gel can be applied topically to relieve itching. It can be used as a douche
- Barberry has remarkable infection-fighting properties.
- Douche with infusions made from antiseptic herbs such as calendula, garlic, goldenseal, fresh plantain, St. John’s Wort, or tea tree oil, along with herbs, such as comfrey leaves, to soothe irritation. Echinacea and golden seal can also be taken orally.
- Caution: Do not take golden seal internally on a daily basis for more than one week at a time, do not use it during pregnancy, and use it with caution if you are allergic to ragweed.
Note: Comfrey is recommended for external use only.
- Calendula and vitamin A vaginal suppositories are soothing and healing to irritated tissues. Golden seal suppositories are useful for all types of infection.
- Chamomile has antifungal properties.
- Cinnamon and dandelion inhibit the growth of Candida albicans. They can be used as a douche or taken internally.
- Echinacea has antifungal properties and enhances the immune system. It can taken internally or used as a douche.
- Meno-Fem from Prevail Corporation is a combination of traditional herbs and nutrients designed to combat the symptoms menopause. It is helpful for vaginitis related to hormonal imbalance.
- Pau d’ arco contains natural antibiotic agents and has a healing effect. It can be taken in capsule form, made into a tea, or used as a douche.
- Tea tree oil is good for vaginitis. Topical tea tree oil cream is effective against fungal infection, herpes blisters, warts, and other types of infection. Tea tree oil suppositories have been used successfullly for vaginal yeast infections.
Natural Home Remedies for Yeast Infections: Diet and Lifestyle
- Eat plain yogurt that contains live yogurt cultures, or apply plain yogurt directly to the vagina. This can help fight infection and soothe inflammation. Also consume brown rice, millet, and acidophilus.
- Consume fiber daily. Oat bran is a good source.
- Eat a diet that is fruit-free, sugar-free, and yeast-free.
- Avoid aged-cheeses, alcohol, chocolate, dried fruits, fermented foods, all grains containing gluten (wheat, oats, rye and barley), ham, honey, nut butters, pickles, raw mushrooms, soy sauce, sprouts, sugar in any form, vinegar and all yeast products. Also eliminate citrus and acidic fruits (grapefruits, lemons, limes, oranges, pineapples, and tomatoes) from your diet until the inflammation subsides.
- Avoid taking iron supplements until the inflammation subsides. Infectious bacteria require iron for growth. If a bacterial infection is present, the body naturally “hides” iron by storing it in the liver, spleen and bone marrow to inhibit the growth of the bacteria.
- Drink steamed-distilled water only.
More tips for Natural Home Remedies for Yeast Infections
- Keep clean and dry. Wear cotton underwear, which absorbs moisture and allows air to circulate. Avoid tight clothing and synthetic fabrics. Change into dry clothing as soon as possible after swimming. Do not spend prolonged periods of time in a wet bathing suit.
- To relieve itching open a vitamin E capsule and apply the oil to the inflammed area.
- Add 3 cups of pure apple cider vinegar to bath water to treat vaginitis. Soak in the tub for 20 minutes.
- Do not use corticosteroids or oral contraceptives until your condition improves. Oral contraceptives can upset the balance of microorganisms in the body.
- Other Considerations if you’re searching for home remedies for yeast infections:
- Atrophic vaginitis is often treated with prescription estrogen ointments. The use of these products increases the body’s need for vitamin B6. Vaginal absorption of synthetic estrogen maybe dangerous.
- Natural progesterone cream applied to the vagina is beneficial for atrophic vaginitis
Source: Phyllis A. Balch, Prescription for Nutritional Healing, pp. 747-749
Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Yeast Infections Resources:
More Online Information: Natural Home Remedies for Yeast Infections
- Vaginal yeast infections: Are home remedies effective … A number of natural products purport to prevent or cure vaginal yeast infections — a form of vaginitis — without prescription medication. Some popular home remedies include vinegar douches, tea tree oil cream, and vaginal suppositories made with garlic or boric acid.
- Yeast Infections
I have never had a yeast infection and contribute this to a formula I have used for years.Ingredients: Goldenseal, yogurtI open 1 or 2 capsules of goldenseal and mix them with warm water and use as a douche. After cleansing with this mixture, I then follow the procedure by douching with plain yogurt . Goldenseal is a natural antibiotic and the yogurt replaces good bacteria that is lost during douching. I passed this along to my sister in law which suffered for years with yeast infections. It worked for her. And works for me since I’ve never had a yeast infection in my 55 years!!!!
- HowStuffWorks “26 Home Remedies for Yeast Infections”
In this article, we’ll discuss 26 home remedies for treating yeast infections, ranging from healthy eating habits to physical treatments. Some will hopefully provide relief from the discomfort of frequent yeast infections.
Google Searches Related to – Home Remedies for Yeast Infections
home remedies for yeast infections yogurt | home remedies for yeast infection itch | home remedies for yeast infections more condition_symptoms | home remedies for yeast infections in women | yeast infection | yeast infection home remedy vinegar | natural home remedies for yeast infections