Natural Cures Yeast Infection: Vaginal Yeast
If you are suffering from vaginal yeast infections and you’re already using other medications — the natural cures for yeast infection are also helpful not only for treating them but also for preventing from recurring.
Most women suffer the itching and discomfort of a vaginal yeast infection at least once in their lives. Some women get vaginal yeast infections often enough that they know the symptoms at once and head to the drugstore for an over-the-counter antifungal cream such as Gyne-Lotrimin or Monistat. Your doctor can prescribe an oral antifungal drug, if you need a stronger treatment.
| Cure Your Yeast Infection
Natural, Safe and Drug-Free
Yeast Infection Permanent Relief!
Learn more here
|Fast Natural Cures – Yeast Infection
Got a yeast infection?
We have an all natural solution
Learn more here
We all carry small amounts of yeast. Called candida albicans, it inhabits various moist parts of our bodies, usually without causing problems. But occasionally something triggers yeast cells to multiply. One trigger is antibiotics, which can kill off beneficial bacteria that keep yeast populations in check. Most women will have a vaginal yeast infection at some point in their lives. Symptoms include itching, redness, and a white, lumpy discharge (sometimes with an unpleasant smell). Another type of yeast infection, thrush, occurs in the throat, and can afflict both men and women.
Natural Cures Yeast Infection: Vinegar Douche and Sea Salt Soak
- Douche twice a day, for 2 days in a row, with a mixture of 2 tablespoons white vinegar in 1 quart water. This slightly acidic solution creates an environment that’s unwelcome to the yeast. But you should only do this for 2 days, and only when you have a yeast infection. If you use a vinegar douche when you don’t need to, you actually rinse out the beneficial bacteria that keep infections at bay.
- Sprinkle a cup of sea salt in a tub of warm water, stir the water around until the salt dissolves, then take a nice soak. You can do this every day, as long as it helps relieve itching and pain. The saltwater soak also speeds up healing.
Natural Cures Yeast Infection: Garlic (The Stinking Rose)
- Eat a few cloves of garlic each day. “The stinking rose,” as it’s sometimes called, has been used for several millennia to combat everything from colds to intestinal infections. Its antifungal action makes it useful against yeast infections. It’s most effective if crushed and eaten raw. If you don’t relish the idea of eating a whole clove, chop it up and sprinkle it on salads, or stir it into pasta sauce.
Battle Yeast Infection with Natural Cures Using Yogurt
- Every day, eat a cup of plain, unsweetened yogurt that contains live Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria. L. acidophilus has been shown to cut down on yeast overgrowth in the vagina and the intestines. Note that if what you have is a bacterial infection and not yeast infection, yogurt will actually make matters worse.
- Buy capsules or tablets of Lactobacillus acidophilus. Look for a supplement that contains 1 to 2 billion live organisms per pill. You can either take two pills daily. (To help prevent infection, many women use single dose of acidophilus every month on the last day of their menstrual period.
Natural Cures Yeast Infection – Avoid the following:
- When you have an infection, cut way back on sugary foods and starches. Avoid white bread, pasta, honey, molasses, and fruit juices. These foods raise the level of blood sugar (glucose) in your body, and yeast feed on glucose.
- Avoid alcohol. Yeast digests alcohol, too — and you don’t want well-fed yeast if you’re trying to end an infection.
Other Tips for Natural Cures – Yeast Infection
- Go without underwear at night. Since yeast flourishes in warm, moist environments, the ventilation will help you avoid infections. When you do wear underwear, go with cotton or with cotton-lined panties. They allow for better air circulation than synthetic fibers.
- For the same reason leave tight pants in the closet.
- Don’t linger in a wet bathing suit after swimming, shower promptly and change into dry clothes.
- Don’t use soap or very hot water to cleanse the vaginal tissues. If you do, you’ll remove healthy natural skin barriers that help to control yeast.
- Refrain from using scented tampons, feminine deodorants, and douches. The chemical used to create pleasant fragrances can upset the delicate environment in the vagina and allow yeast to take over.
- Also avoid perfumed dusting powders. Some women develop an irritation when using these powders — and the additional irritation makes them more prone to yeast infection.
- Refrain from dusting your vaginal area with any product that contains cornstarch. Though cornstarch acts as a drying agent, yeast feed on it.
- Make a point of urinating after intercourse. Mucous membranes of the vagina normally are slightly acidic, but semen is alkaline, making it friendlier to yeast. Urinating will help make the area less inviting to infectious growth.
- Couples can past a yeast infection back and forth during sex. If you have a vaginal yeast infection, be sure your partner isn’t also infected, which most often happens in uncircumcised men. The most likely sign of a yeast infection in males is inflammation on the head of the penis.
- Read here for more Natural Home Remedies for Yeast Infections: Vaginal Yeast
Reconsiderations: Yeast Infection
If you’re a woman who has been previously treated for vaginal yeast infections, you’re probably familiar with the symptoms, and can treat them on your own. Otherwise, always see a doctor to rule out other problems, such as sexually transmitted disease.
You should also get medical care if you have a discharge that’s bloody or very foul-smelling, feel pain during urination or intercourse, or have symptoms that don’t go away after you’ve been treating them for 5 days. And if you’ve been taking antibiotics for another infection, talk to your doctor about an alternative treatment, since use of antibiotics is often associated with yeast infections.
Source: Reader’s Digest – 1,801 Home Remedies, pp.381-383
Related Searches: Natural Cures Yeast Infection
apple cider vinegar cure yeast infection | home remedies cure yeast infection | natural cures vaginal yeast infection | plain yogurt cure yeast infection | acidophilus cure yeast infection | tea tree oil cure yeast infection | candida yeast cures | cure recurring yeast infections |